Saturday, February 13, 2016

A Second Look

Tulips on a Spring Day

One of the many things I do while watching the flows of people at art festivals, is to watch how they react to my illustrations. Which ones make them smile, which ones do they buy. 

A while back, when greeted by the first tulips of spring, I illustrated 3 pink tulips in a pot. I was so happy just to see the first signs of spring.


But for one reason or another, these sad little tulips did not have much appeal. So it was added to my list of so called do overs.  

Now that I look at the first version, maybe it just was not finished. Maybe they just looked too lonely. It will be interesting to watch and see how people will react to the new version this year. One of the biggest payoffs is seeing people light up with a smile as they walk through my tent, and best of all is making one of my pieces of art their own. 


No comments:

Post a Comment